Download PDF Guide:
Commercial Producer Onboarding Guide
How Managers Can Implement This Guide
We designed this guide for both newly licensed producers, new hires who may not have the commercial lines background level of your current staff, and producers who want to refresh their commercial lines coverage skills.
Here are some suggestions to introduce this guide to your employees for their self-paced learning.
- Share your enthusiasm over the guide. Managers’ attitudes toward training can transmit to their employees.
- Determine which employees in your agency can benefit from this guide. Set time to discuss the resource with those employees and assure them you will assist them with any questions that arise during their self-paced review.
- Recommend your employees set a “focus time” each week to review the courses. Ensure you allow your employees the sufficient time needed to go through the resource.
- Remind employees that reading the bullet points will not suffice. They should watch each video, review the bullet points and take notes to help retain the knowledge.
- Consider scheduling a weekly meeting with learners to review the lessons they’ve covered and answer any questions.
- Review trainees’ work product to ensure that learning from the course content appears in your employees’ work product.
- Provide encouragement and perhaps rewards such as a certificate of completion or gift certificate to reward learners and encourage new learners.
- Ensure performance reviews reflect positive outcomes from this and other training.